Topics

What blockchain are you using?

Rafael da Costa Guimaraes

Hi all,
I made a comparison of 4 potential good public blockchains to use when building Agri-food / finance or Traceability related applications running on blockchain.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CnR6niGV0i2i3R5XIT95g0t1qmXEuxPbSbadY60uFa8/edit?usp=sharing 
Does anyone has experience working with any of these 4 platforms?

What blockchain are you using or interested in? 

Luis Meijueiro

Hi all,

Could you please tell us more details about column A so we can give you the accurate info for the network we are using (Telos)? Not everyone interprets TX speed or cost the same way. Specially the TX cost, as different protocols estimate it in different ways, as for some there is gas concept, others do not have it, etc.

Tx Speed
Tx Cost
Tx Volume
Consensus
Tokenization
Coding language
Identity solution
Traceability solutions
Data storage solutions
Grants available?

Best,

Luis Meijueiro
CTIC

El 29 jul 2020, a las 10:06, Rafael da Costa Guimaraes <Rafael@...> escribió:

Hi all,
I made a comparison of 4 potential good public blockchains to use when building Agri-food / finance or Traceability related applications running on blockchain.
<dummyfile.0.part>
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CnR6niGV0i2i3R5XIT95g0t1qmXEuxPbSbadY60uFa8/edit?usp=sharing 

Luis MEIJUEIRO

CTIC Centro Tecnológico
C/ Ada Byron, 39  | 33203 Gijón  |  Asturias  |  España (Spain) 
Ph: (+34) 984 291 212  Ext. 810
Web  |  Twitter  |  LinkedIn  | Privacidad

Hi Luis,

Thanks for your reply! It is indeed difficult to find exact numbers on these statistics but this is how I did it. 

- Tx cost: this depends mostly on the size of the transaction and congestion of the network. For Ethereum I took an average I found online. I know that Ethereum Tx cost can vary anywhere between 5 and 60 cent to even 2 dollars when the network gets congested. For vechain and Cardano I took a calculation example I found online from other Usecases with average transaction sizes. 
- For the Tx speed I used the average time to full confirmation. 
- For the volume we used the highest tested amount of TPS ever confirmed.

Best,

Menno van Ginkel

Heya Rafael,

Good to hear from you. Hope you are doing well! 

Nice list of blockchain development platforms!
I'd like to add Dragonchain to this list as well. 

Tx Speed: Transactions are immediately usable on chain, and the first decentralization is seen within 20 seconds on Dragon Net. Security increases further to public networks ETH, BTC, and ETC within 10 minutes to 2 hours.
Tx Cost: lowest fee tier = $0.0000025/txn
Tx Volume: Basically infinitely scalable; 24h live demo proved 250m transactions, with a peak of 15k TPS on production
Consensus: Hybrid private/public infrastructure via Dragon Net. Every node has its own blockchain and is independently scalable. Dragonchain established Context Based Verification as its consensus model. Every transaction is immediately usable on a trust basis, and in time is provable to an increasing level of decentralized consensus.
Tokenization: Yes. 1 DRGN token generates 1 TIME per day. TIME is used as a scarce resource on the platform. 
Coding language: Code containerized via Docker, so any programming language can be used for smart contracts
Identity solution: Factor, recently spun-off into an independent entity called MyFii.
Traceability solutions: Yes. Knowledge Perk is an example customer. 
Data storage solutions: Currently only on your own business node. Future plans to integrate with decentralized storage solutions like Sia or Filecoin. 
Grants available?:  Yes, through the Fellowship of the Order of Dragons. 

Learn more about the capabilities of Dragonchain in this proposal to enable Reddit user interactions on-chain. 

Kind regards,

Menno

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 10:06 AM Rafael da Costa Guimaraes <Rafael@...> wrote:
Hi all,