Online collaboration, dialogue and interaction – what works in international development
From 13-31 July, join this Dgroups e-conference where we will explore, assess and learn what works – and what doesn’t – when collaborating and acting together online. We aim to co-create lessons and practices that will help us improve the ways we work online.
This is an invitation for YOU to join the dialogue; please sign up below to join us in sharing and learning.
Drawing on the experiences and lessons of Dgroups partners and collaborators, across sectors, platforms and regions, we will use an ‘experience capitalization’ approach that draws out our individual and collective insights to produce actionable knowledge that will help us improve our own practices.
We will build on recent discussions about some critical online collaboration factors. We aim to facilitate and document an open dialogue on, at least, the following topics:
- online platforms and technologies - which ones, and how to make them work for us
- online group and community facilitation - what's needed, what works, and how we can do it better
- online engagement and participation - how can we motivate people to contribute and interact
- building trust in online groups - how we can provide safe spaces and build confidence and trust
- inclusive online spaces - what we can do to foster equity, reflect diversity and overcome exclusion in our groups
- effective online events - what works, and how we can deliver better virtual meetings
- and more ...
We aim to use all the various features of this 'groups.io' platform - low-bandwidth email, web interface, calendar, wiki, chats and polls - to help us better interact and capitalize on the opportunities.
We want to make this dialogue as open as possible, so the messages archive, wiki and other resources will be visible to anyone. However, only members can contribute.
Find more information about the Dgroups Foundation and its activities to support development organizations and projects collaborate online.
Group Email Addresses
- This is a subgroup of dgroups.
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to anyone.
- Members can edit their messages.
Top Hashtags [See All]
- #agenda 10 topics
- #cal-summary 2 topics
- #participation 2 topics
- #wiki-notice 1 topics
- #introductions For participants' introductions 1 topics
- #learning 1 topics
- #cops 1 topics
- #platforms For messages related to online platforms and technologies – which ones, and how to make them work for us 1 topics
- #poll-notice 1 topics
- #sustaining 1 topics