Groups.io provides a Chats feature that members can use to create and participate in interactive chats on a group’s website in real time. Be aware that:
- When someone creates a chat, Groups.io sends an email notification to group members. After that, ongoing activity in the chat does not generate additional email notifications. Members must log in to Groups.io to participate in and monitor chats.
- All group members can participate in chats.
- In some web browsers, the Chat page does not display activity in real time. To see new chat content, members might need to refresh the Chat page periodically.
- The Chat page does not display any indication that someone is composing a response. Participants do not see that chat activity is occurring until someone actually posts their response.
On the chats page of this group, you can see some chats that have already been created. (Note: If you are not logged in, you will need to log in before the chat’s page is displayed.)
To participate in a chat:
- Click on the chat title
- Click the Join Chat button on the chat page. After you join the chat, you can:
- Contribute to the chat by entering text in the text field and clicking the Send button.
- Click the plus (+) button to the left of the text field to:
- Display a list of group members who are participating in the chat.
- Leave the chat.
Go back to HOME