Global sustainable Livestock Advocacy for Development email@example.com
This is a space for people to share ideas and discuss ways to support sustainable livestock in developing countries - mainly through evidence generation, communication, policy advocacy and engagement.
Evidence (https://whylivestockmatter.org) indicates that livestock are critical for sustainable development yet often overlooked. The world’s cows, sheep, goats, pigs, poultry and other farm animals are the mainstay of livelihoods across the developing world. And the energy and nutrient-dense milk, meat and eggs these animals produce provide hundreds of millions of families in the world’s poorer countries with basic livelihoods, incomes, food and nutrition.
This space is supported by the global sustainable livestock advocacy for development project (led by ILRI) as part of efforts to increase investment in sustainable livestock and counter negative views of livestock in industrialized nations.
Our aim is to help catalyse a community of sustainable livestock advocacy champions, connecting efforts and supporting concerted efforts globally.
- 152 Members
- 39 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- This is a subgroup of dgroups.
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.